Today is the start of another month already. So many people I know have birthdays in this month, including my lovely mother and two of my nephews. I should really start the search for the perfect gift for her.
This month also marks the beginning of Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING! I realized the other day I’ve never had a Pumpkin Spice Latte…ever! Maybe if I did, would I understand the obsession? I’m scared. 😛
That is going to be one of my goals this month. Albeit, a silly one. I’m allowed to have some fun, though, right? 😀
Full disclosure: I sucked at meeting my goals last month. At least for fitness and diet. I lost my motivation almost from the start.
August 2015 Goals
- Fitness/Health: I am stalled at week 5 of the C25K running program. I looked ahead and got scared. It starts with 3 (or 5, I can’t remember) minutes of jogging. From the start! Like, what?? If I don’t think about it I’m sure I could do it and I’m just psyching myself out. I also gained back the two pounds I managed to lose in July. So much for that...
- Diet: I did not stay under 100 g of carbs a day, often, or away from dairy/gluten (inflammatory). We did not have a fast-food free month. Especially towards the start of my menstrual cycle. With my already low levels of iron, I was really craving beef. So why not get a burger? How foolish. I also had pizza for the first time in months. That wasn’t too bad but I did eat more than I should have.
- Home: We found a new apartment! This is one goal I managed to meet. We move in the last week of September. Our new apartment is smaller and less expensive, but it has a small fenced in area off the patio so we can let the doggies out to potty and not have to stand outside waiting. I can’t wait to go look at some new furniture and I’m already planning out the layout.
- Relationships: I managed to go out with friends a few times this month. Hubby and I didn’t have an official date night, but we did find a new show to watch on Netflix and spent this weekend at his parents together.
- Emotional/Mental Health: I’ve cut back on biting my nails. I’ve been working on being more conscious of when I’m doing it. Chamomile tea helps. I didn’t blog twice a week like I wanted, but I did write more than July.
Now, for September, as far as diet goes, I’m working on it one day at a time, one week at a time.
September 2015 Goals:
- This month I’ll be focusing on eating more whole foods and less processed junk. I’ll be sharing what I eat on instagram to keep myself accountable, so please follow me if you want. I’ve searched Pinterest for recipe inspirations. I’ll be trying to follow a mix of Whole 30 and Paleo diets. One week at a time. (Except for this pumpkin spice latte everyone talks about.)
- Camp Gladiator is celebrating its 7th birthday this year and had a special. I grabbed up two memberships for hubby and I for under $30! That’s a one hour boot camp-style fitness class, with unlimited sessions, for four weeks. I plan to go at least twice a week, but most likely three times if I go with hubby on Saturday mornings. The weather is cooling down so I also want to take at least two long walks a week around the trail by my apartment.
- We’ve already started doing some packing and purging in preparation for our move. We have several bags full of clothes to donate and we’re not done yet. I need to get more boxes to really make a dent in all our stuff. Every time we’ve moved in the past, we have left things to the last minute and put undue stress on ourselves and loved ones helping out. This time I plan on having things ready to go and that way I can spend the last few days of our lease making sure the apartment is as best it can be to maximize the return of our deposit.
That’s really all I can manage to put most of my focus on for now. I’m really antsy to get home and pack something each day and I’m really excited about our new apartment. I’ll miss our current dog park because it was so convenient but the new place is right next to a major trail that leads to a recently renovated city dog park. 🙂 I can’t wait!!
Thanks for reading this absurdly long post. If you know me IRL, I’d appreciate your support by asking me how my diet or fitness goals are going every once in a while. And if anyone has any moving or packing tips, or if you’ve been to a Camp Gladiator session before, let me know your experience! 😀