Where did June go?? I can’t believe half of the year is now officially over! That means it’s time to check up on my June goals and come up with my July goals already.
First thing’s first (I’m the realest – had to do it). Here’s how I did on achieving my June goals (spoiler alert: not great).
June 2015 Goals
- Cardio/exercise at least 30 minutes 5X a week – Doc’s orders – Yes! I totally achieved this one! Surprisingly enough…I had fun and made a new friend! My hubby’s coworker started joining us a few nights a week to workout. This month I focused on cardio and trying to jog/run. It was motivating to feel the changes in my quads. I’m really excited that I was able to meet my exercise goal last month. I went down almost 2 lbs a week in the past month or so.
- Continue to stay under 100 g of carbs daily – It’s definitely a lifestyle change – Umm…yeah…no…I was pretty good about this during the week, but weekends were harder. If I went over on carbs I did my best to not go over by too much. I know I definitely stayed under what I would have typically eaten just a month and a half ago.
- Cut back significantly on dairy and gluten – both are bad for PCOS symptoms – Didn’t do so well on this either but did notice a difference if I hadn’t had dairy or gluten for a day and then did another day. Cheese and sour cream are my biggest weakness when it comes to dairy. Sour cream can be replaced with avocado as a topping but there is no substitute for cheese. Gooey melty cheese. *drool*
- Establish a morning & nighttime routine – I currently don’t really have one and it makes my sleeping problems worse – Nighttime is now work out time after hubby gets off work and then winding down for about an hour before I can fall asleep. I’m still having trouble with mornings. I can be quite grumpy and stubborn…
- Go on a date night with my hubby – we haven’t really gone out in a while – We went swimming one day together. Does that count?
- Change my legal name – Yea, I still haven’t done that either (my bad) – Yeah…still haven’t done it…
- Try a yoga class – Yet another one I didn’t do…
After failing at most of my June goals, I’ve realized I need to make SMART (Specific, Measurable, Assignable, Realistic, Time-related) goals. I definitely need to be more specific and give myself a deadline for these or else I won’t do them. That being said, here are my July goals.
July 2015 Goals
- Continue with C25K running program – I started the couch to 5k program again this week to help my running. I tried it on my own but had the pacing all wrong and kept getting shin splints so hopefully I can progress at a better rate with c25k and avoid injury. Last time I tried this was about 9 months ago and I stopped after week 2. I know a few people who’ve had great success with the program and I just need to stick to it. It’s 3x a week and with one day done I cut back my time by another minute or two! With no shin splints!
- No more fast food. That’s the dream. Realistically, I’d like to say I won’t cave to my Whataburger temptations more than once a week. I could really go for some right now…dagnabit. I will also continue working on cutting back carbs, dairy, and gluten. To cut back on cheesy and bread temptations, I did not buy any more cheese or bread at the store this week. If it’s not in the house I can’t have it. Thank goodness I can still have bacon. BACON IS LIFE!
- Seriously start house shopping. Our lease is up at the end of September and the market here is crazy. We’ve got to get our stuff together and get an updated pre-approval letter. Fun. My deadline to get this started is halfway through July. We need to pay our credit card to lower our credit card utilization first so our scores can stay high.
- Mid-year Spring cleaning. We need to declutter and get rid of some of the stuff we don’t use or need. I have a lot of clothes I don’t wear because it doesn’t fit and I really should just go donate, as does my hubby. Decluttering now will also make packing easier in the next few months. To be more specific, I really want to clear out the living room closet. It’s currently full of boxes and it’s difficult to get into. We can’t use it as is right now but I’d love to be able to move our shoes in there so they’re not in the living room.
- Yoga date, rock climbing date, movie date, any kind of date. We need to plan at least one fun thing to do together away from home (aka Netflix and our puppies). I will work with my husband to pick a day or two and mark our calendar. I’ve pinned some great date night ideas on Pinterest that we need to try.
I feel these goals are more specific and more realistic for me. I can track my progress as well so we’ll see how I’m doing halfway through the month.
I hope everyone has a safe Fourth of July holiday! I’m so ready to go swimming and get some exercise in. Not to mention all the delicious food!