Today is the first of the month AND of the week which means it’s a great day to start fresh. We’re basically halfway through the year already so gotta get on it!!
This past week and a half my focus shifted from simply trying to lose weight to look better to losing weight for my health and my future. I know I couldn’t make a complete overhaul because that would have overwhelmed me, so I started by working on cutting back on carbs. My limit is 100 g a day per my doctor’s orders. While it’s been difficult it hasn’t been impossible. By cutting back on my carbs and taking some new supplements, along with a small dose of Metformin, I’m already seeing results. The annoying chacne (chin acne – thank you Tina Fey) I’ve been suffering with lately is finally clearing up! I’ve also lost about 3 lbs and hubby said my face even looked thinner. 🙂
So I will now try to keep the momentum going into this month. Below are just a few of the things I’ll be working on.
June 2015 Goals
- Cardio/exercise at least 30 minutes 5X a week – Doc’s orders
- Continue to stay under 100 g of carbs daily – It’s definitely a lifestyle change
- Cut back significantly on dairy and gluten – both are bad for PCOS symptoms
- Establish a morning & nighttime routine – I currently don’t really have one and it makes my sleeping problems worse
- Go on a date night with my hubby – we haven’t really gone out in a while
- Change my legal name – Yea, I still haven’t done that either (my bad)
- Try a yoga class
What are some of your goals for the month?